Tomographic iterative reconstruction of a passive scalar in a 3D turbulent flow by Ignacio Pisso et al.
EGU2018-19271, Poster in Session NP5.1 – Inverse Problems, Data Assimilation and Predictability Studies in Geophysics, Wednesday, 11 Apr 2018, 08:00-19:30. Hall X4 at board number X4.349, The author in attendance time is Wednesday, 11 Apr 2018, 17:30-19:00.
Observations of artiﬁcially released SO2 puﬀs using a tomographic setup of six UV cameras by Anna Solvejg Dinger et al.
EGU2018-7571, Oral in Session NP6.1/AS2.5 – Turbulence in the Atmosphere and Ocean, room M2 on Monday, 09 Apr 2018, 11:30
Large eddy simulation of plume dispersion and concentration fluctuations in a neutral boundary layer by Massimo Cassiani et al.
EGU2018-14343, Poster in Session NP6.1/AS2.5 – Turbulence in the Atmosphere and Ocean, Monday, 09 Apr 2018, 08:00-19:30. Hall X3 at board number X3.85. The author in attendance time is Monday, 09 Apr 2018, 17:30-19:00.
For info, please download the following poster, we presented this year at the EGU General Assembly – Vienna | Austria | 23–28 April 2017
The COMTESSA project: Tomography of artificial SO2 plumes with multiple SO2 cameras for improving our understanding of plume dispersion and turbulence
Tomographic iterative reconstruction of a passive scalar in a 3D turbulent flow
piscope – A Python based software package for the analysis of volcanic SO2 emissions using UV SO2 cameras.
In the framework of COMTESSA, we offer a post-doc position at the forefront of atmospheric research in boundary-layer turbulence and turbulent dispersion. The position is available for three years, extensions are possible subject to funding availability. The successful candidate will contribute to the following tasks:
- Numerical simulation of turbulence and turbulent dispersion in the atmospheric boundary layer by large-eddy simulation, Lagrangian stochastic models and a combination of these modelling methods.
- Participate in field campaigns in Norway and abroad to measure atmospheric boundary layer turbulence and turbulent dispersion. These campaigns will involve the deployment of multiple instrumented masts equipped with e.g. multiple sonic anemometers and fast gas analysers.
- Scientific data analysis, interpretation, development of model closures and parameterizations and investigation of fundamental aspects of turbulent flows and turbulent dispersion.
- Publish the results in scientific journals.
For more details see: PostDoc_position.
Deadline for application is 10 July 2016.
Arve Kylling will give a radiative transfer/libRadtran course will be given on January 20 – 21. The course will take place in the auditorium at NILU. For more information about the course content and time schedule, see Radiative_transfer_course.
In the framework of the new ERC (European Research Council) Advanced Grant project COMTESSA, we offer a post-doc position at the forefront of basic atmospheric research. The successful candidate will contribute to the following tasks:
- Development of six UV SO2 camera systems
- Characterization and testing of UV and TIR SO2 cameras
- Organization and participation in field experiments in Norway and abroad
- Scientific data analysis, interpretation and publication of results
Please find more details in the pdf file (Announcement_PostDoc_position)